Thursday, August 25, 2011

OMG - I've Found my Desk!!!!!!

Housework that needs to be done:
  • Do the Dishes
  • Launder the Clothes)
  • Fold Laundry
  • Put Away Folded Clothes
  • Tidy the Play Room
  • Clean the Floors

But instead of doing that.....

I have tidied my desk!.

I didn't do it because I really wanted to - honest. It's just that it is tax time and I needed to file everything so that I could find all of the documents I need. Surprisingly (given the utter chaos that I have lived in for the past 18 months), I am only missing 1 document.

Now, just to set you straight, I really detest having a messy desk. I am not proud of what my desk had morphed into - think Marjorie the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock:



My friend Mamarazzi from Our Dandelion Wishes...
Photobucket

...hosted a VLOG challenge back in July asking participants to show something we would be embarrassed by if someone found it our house. My desk was it. In fact, I was so embarrassed by it, there was no way there was going to be photographic evidence of it so I didn't participate in the challenge! I have even hated having visitors because my desk is in a public place and the mess was just so unsightly!

I am not the type of person to clean surfaces by shoving things out of sight - things must be put away in their correct, organised places. When I lose control over the desk-monsters, this becomes quite a time consuming job and I have been putting it off. Well, after several hours (yes, hours!) I am now sitting at a desk with perfectly visible flat surfaces! Oh my!!!!!!

Now! Where is the floor in the Play Room????

No comments:

Post a Comment