Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Countdown 2013 - 20 Sleeps to Go!

Colour in Christmas Cones

Months ago I found these really cool colour-in Christmas cone printables doing the rounds on Pinterest. They appeared to be the ideal activity for a girl who has just spent 7.5 hours at preschool, so they were slated for today. Only problem was that when I went to download the files, I discovered that not only were they not free (just cheap at US$4.49) but I would also need to set up an account with all my contact details etc in order to purchase them. Really! I am not willing to give all my details for a digital download purchase of $4.49. 

So, what to do? Go and consult with my friend Google, that's what. And that is where I found these cool AND free cone decoration printables. The only drawback is that they come pre-coloured, so rather than a "colouring" activity, it became an "embellishing" one. Did the kids care about the change of plan? Absolutely not!

In a fit of uncharacteristic organisation, I actually prepared (almost) everything that was required for the blinging session before I left to collect DD from preschool. 

Fortunately I had the forethought to do a full set of cones for each child. I suspect there may have been blood spilt had they been required to agree on who got which designs. The industry was amazingly focused and there was a lot of glitter everywhere (there still is). DS demonstrated amazing precision dotting his Christmas Tree cone with my not-as-cheap-as-poster-paint Liquid Pearls. He then demonstrated some very "interesting" creativity when he stuck mini googly eyes on top of said Liquid Pearl spots (while I tried to not run off screaming words like "sacrilege").

We had to leave the artworks to dry before we curved them into their cone shapes. That was a pre-bedtime reprisal. If you are going to try these cones yourself, go straight for the double sided tape to secure the sides - I ended up just sticking my fingers together with glue.  

So, now me and my industrious little elves need to find a home for today's creations while you experience the Elves Lament....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment